D.Sc. (Tech.) Jaakko Talonen
Page is not updated anymore, see my personal page: http://jaakko.me
- Office (until June 2015):
Konemiehentie 2, Otaniemi campus area, Espoo
- firstname.lastname (at) gmail.com
- Data mining, time series modeling, data visualization
- Industrial process data, political data
Stuff related to the thesis
"Advances in Methods of Anomaly Detection and Visualization of Multivariate Data" on 27 March 2015 at 12 noon in lecture hall TU1, Otaniementie 17, Espoo.
In this thesis machine learning methods were developed and applied for finding useful information from various data sources. This facilitates anomaly detection and thus provide better support for decision making regardless of the research area.
Dissertation: March 27, 2015
United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) data can be explored by the SOM visualization tool:
Download SOM visualization tool ZIP-file [available only for 64bit WIN]
Google trend: data scientist
DMIN: The International Conference on Data Mining
SOM Toolbox add-in
Contests and Hackathons
Available here: Advances in Methods of Anomaly Detection and Visualization of Multivariate Data
Experience data visualization
All information is downloaded from the database and the visualization is automatically generated by Matlab code. All course information in a one figure is not enough clear, so most important courses (Programming & Statistics) were plotted, click here.
Badminton, board and card games, karting, gardening, painting, floorball.
Data mining example: Data recorded to Nokia E72 mobile by Nokia Sports Tracker. Matlab was used to data analysis:
It is possible to detect two lifts (median speed about 7km/h) and a place where I used to fall down.
Processing - Own stuff
I have made some games:
- Open data (Vantaa economic data) visualized in a box2d game
- Helicopter game for 2 players
- TES: 5000e incentive bonus. [5/2013]
- Hecse travel stipends (funding: total about 3000 euro): ICANN'10, IDA'11, WSOM'12.
- Teollisuuden Voima Oy, HS and YLE for providing data.