Doctor of Science (Technology) (khan 'DOT' suleiman -AT- gmail [DOT] COM)
Ph.D. Thesis: Bayesian multi-view models for data-driven drug response analysis Press Release
Update [Aug 2014]: I have joined FIMM Institute of Molecular Medicine Finland at University of Helsinki where I am working on feature selection on high-dimensional biological data using using integrative models. My updated contact and publications can allways be found on the Google Scholar page, and profile on LinkedIn.
I did my PhD at Statistical Machine Learning and Bioinformatics Group (MI), where I worked on multi-view learning and its application to new problems in Bioinformatics.
During my PhD, I have been a member of the Helsinki Institute for Information Technology, FICS graduate school and the Finnish Centre of Excellence in Computational Inference Research (COIN).
Google Scholar Profile
- Suleiman A. Khan, Eemeli Leppäaho, Samuel Kaski, Multi Tensor Factorization, 2015 PDF , CODE
- Suleiman A. Khan Bayesian multi-view models for data-driven drug response analysis, Ph.D. Thesis, Aalto University, 2015 PDF, Press Release
- J. C. Costello, L. M. Heiser, E. Georgii, M. Gonen, M. P. Menden, N. J. Wang, M. Bansal, M. Ammad-ud-din, P. Hintsanen, Suleiman A. Khan, J.P. Mpindi, NCI Dream Community, O. Kallioniemi, A. Honkela, T. Aittokallio, K. Wennerberg, J. J. Collins, D. Gallahan, D. Singer, J. Saez-Rodriguez, S. Kaski, J. W. Gray, and G. Stolovitzky A Community Effort to Assess and Improve Drug Sensitivity Prediction Algorithms, Nature Biotechnology, 2014 PDF , CODE, Press Release
- Suleiman A. Khan, Seppo Virtanen, Olli P. Kallioniemi, Krister Wennerberg, Antti Poso, and Samuel Kaski. Identification of structural features in chemicals associated with cancer drug response: A systematic data-driven analysis, Bioinformatics 30 (17), pp 497-504 2014, ECCB. PDF , CODE
- Suleiman A. Khan, Samuel Kaski, Bayesian Multi-view Tensor Factorization, European Conference on Machine Learning (ECML 2014), Machine Learning and Knowledge Discovery in Databases, 8724: pp 656-671, Nancy, France, 2014. PDF , CODE
- M. Gonen Suleiman A. Khan, S Kaski, Kernelized Bayesian Matrix Factorization, In Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML 2013), Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 2013 PDF , CODE
- Suleiman A. Khan, A Faisal, J P Mpindi, J A Parkkinen, T Kalliokoski, A Poso, O P Kallioniemi, K Wennerberg, S Kaski, Comprehensive data-driven analysis of the impact of chemoinformatic structure on the genome-wide biological response profiles of cancer cells to 1159 drugs., BMC Bioinformatics 2012. Volume 13:112. PDF
- Seppo Virtanen, Arto Klami, Suleiman A. Khan, Samuel Kaski, Bayesian Group Factor Analysis, AISTATS 2012 JMLR W&CP 22: 1269-1277, 2012. PDF , CODE
- AB Dunkley, M Costa, H Hielkema, Suleiman A. Khan, E Litvinova, K Visala, NV Hoang, T Kiravuo, V Looga, Håkan Mitts, GR Moktan, O Mäkinen, M Kuikka Book Chapters in Future of Internet Yrjö Neuvo & E Karvonen Edition BitBang4: 1) Are We All Criminals? 2) Internet, Find me a Job! and 3) Internet, Find me a Cure. Online Version: PDF
- Alice Marascu, Suleiman A. Khan, Themis Palpanas, Scalable Similarity Matching in Streaming Time Series, PAKDD 2012, LNCS, Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Volume 7302:218-230. PDF
- Haleem H. Shah, Suleiman A. Khan, S. Ismail Shah, "Performance Analysis of Simultaneous 802.11g Wireless LANs: Efficient Utilization of Total Overlap" Second International Conference on Business & Technology ICBTE-2010.
- Asad W. Malik, Shoab A. Khan, Suleiman A. Khan, "Context Aware Network Enabled Distributed Modeling and Simulation Framework" First Asia International Conference on Modelling & Simulation, AMS apos2007.
- Suleiman A. Khan, U.Burki, H.Feroze, R. Kiani, T. Rana, Shoab A. Khan "Distributing the HLA RTI to manage Increasingly Complex Simulations" International Conference on HLA Methodology and Applications. Lerici - Italy (June 2005).
- Suleiman A. Khan, "Reusable Architecture for Interoperable Simulations" International Multi-Conference in Computer Science and Computer Engineering (IMCSE'05) Las Vegas-USA (June2005).
"Kernalized Bayesian Matrix Factorization" in NIPS 2013 Machine Learning in Computational Biology Workshop. poster, talk.
"Decomposing Drug Response Patterns with Bayesian Group Factor Analysis" in NIPS 2011 Machine Learning in Computational Biology Workshop. poster, talk.
"Decomposing Drug Action Mechanisms into Relationships of Chemical Structure with Genome Wide Drug Responses" in Socbin Conference 2011. poster, talk.
- "Distributing the HLA RTI to manage Increasingly Complex Simulations" in First International Conference on HLA Methodology and Applications. Lerici - Italy (June 2005). poster, talk.
Teaching and Supervision
- Assistant: T.61-5050: High Throughput Bioinformatics, (Spring 2014)
- Assistant: T.61-5110: Modelling of Biological Networks, (Autumn 2013)
- Assistant: T.61-5050: High Throughput Bioinformatics, (Spring 2013)
- Assistant: T.61-5110: Modelling of Biological Networks, (Autumn 2012)
- Assistant: T.61-5050: High Throughput Bioinformatics, (Spring 2012)
- Assistant: T.61-5110: Modelling of Biological Networks, (Autumn 2011)
- Co-Supervisor: Data driven translation of Cell-lines to Patient samples. Muhammad Ammad, Summer Intern, 2011
- Tutor: MBI Masters in Bioinformatics 2010-2011
Center for Advanced Studies in Engineering
- Supervisor: Performance Analysis of Simultaneous 802.11g Wireless LANs, Haleem H. Shah, MS-Thesis, 2009
- Lecturer: Advanced Design and Analysis of Algorithms, (Spring 2009)
- Lecturer: Data Structures (Spring 2009)
- Lecturer: Data Structures and C-programming, (Summer, Autumn 2005 - Spring 2006)
M.Sc. in Life Science Informatics. Erasmus Mundus - University of Edinburgh/Trento (2006-2008)
B.Eng. in Computer Software. NUST(Pakistan) (2001-2005)
- Thesis: Reusable Architecture Development for Interoperable Universal Simulations [based on IEEE std HLA 1516]
- Supervisor: Shoab Ahmed Khan and Tauseef Rana
Room A323, Computer Science Building,
Konemiehentie 2, Otaniemi campus area, Espoo
- Postal Address:
Aalto University School of Science,
Department of Information and Computer Science,
P.O. Box 15400, FI-00076 Aalto, Finland